Roald Dahl competition: WIN a family ticket to Matilda the Musical
Few writers have left such a gloriumptious legacy as Roald Dahl. He was an adventurer of language and would often make up new words, rhymes, and poems in his stories which continue to delight and inspire children (and adults) across the world. In Matilda, we find out that, just like Roald Dahl, Matilda Wormwood enjoys writing limericks. That’s why we’re inviting you to get creative and have a go at writing your very own lickswishy limerick for the chance to win all of these ringbelling Roald Dahl prizes:
- 4 × tickets to Matilda the Musical in London
- Copies of the Oxford Roald Dahl Dictionary , Roald Dahl’s Rotsome and Repulsant Words , and the brand new Oxford Roald Dahl Thesaurus (one copy of each for you and one of each for your school or local library)
- £50 worth of books from Oxford Children’s Books for your school or local library
- Plus, loads more awesome Roald Dahl goodies!
Three runners-up will also win:
- A golden ticket to the Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre (for 2 adults and up to 3 children)
- A copy of the Oxford Roald Dahl Dictionary, Roald Dahl’s Rotsome and Repulsant Words and the Oxford Roald Dahl Thesaurus
If that’s not amazing enough, the first 50 people to send us their limerick will receive a free copy of the Oxford Roald Dahl Dictionary. So, be quick and make sure you get your child’s entry to us today!
To help get you started, take a look at our range of whoppsy-whiffling word-based activities – including some handy ‘Write a limerick like Matilda’ worksheets – which are a great way of exploring Roald Dahl’s stories and characters with your child, all whilst developing language and supporting literacy at home.
How to enter:
Email your limerick (along with your child’s name and age) to Roald.Dahl@oup.com or send your entries to:
‘Roald Dahl: Write a limerick like Matilda prize draw’
Children’s Books Marketing Department
Oxford University Press
Great Clarendon Street
Optional: use this competition entry sheet.
UK residents only. Entry closes at 11.59 on Thursday 19th December 2019. Terms and conditions apply.