Read with Biff, Chip and Kipper
Read with Biff, Chip and Kipper helps your child learn to read at home.
Created by educational experts, the series stars Biff, Chip, Kipper and Floppy the dog – the much-loved characters from the Oxford Reading Tree, used in 80% of UK primary schools.
Which book is right for my child? Levelling explained
The Read with Biff, Chip and Kipper series is a carefully levelled series designed to introduce children to fundamental early reading skills and to encourage a love of stories.
The series is split into two strands (Phonics and First Stories) and there are six graded levels in each strand. Providing gradual progression and vocabulary repetition, each level reflects a different age range:
- Levels 1-3: age 4-5
- Levels 3-6: age 5-6
In addition, there are a variety of kits, activity books and flashcards designed to help you develop your child’s reading skills in a fun and engaging way.
A collection of Phonics and First Stories for beginner readers, each book contains 4 stories in 1:
- Level 1: Up You Go and Other Stories
- Level 1: Six in a Bed and Other Stories
- Level 1: Kipper's Rhymes and Other Stories
- Level 2: Funny Fish and Other Stories
- Level 2: The Fizz-Buzz and Other Stories
- Level 2: Picnic Time and Other Stories
- Level 3: Floppy and the Bone and Other Stories
- Level 3: I Can Trick a Tiger and Other Stories
- Level 3: Ouch! and Other Stories
- Level 4: The Moon Jet and Other Stories
- Level 4: Dragon Danger and Other Stories
- Level 4: Rain Again and Other Stories
- Level 5: Husky Adventure & Other Stories
- Level 5: Looking After Gran and Other Stories
- Level 5: Shrinking Powder and Other Stories
- Level 6: Hairy-scary Monster & Other Stories
- Level 6: Secret of the Sands & Other Stories
- Level 6: The Golden Touch and Other Stories
|Everything you need to know about supporting your child as they learn to read! Helping Your Child to Read is full of practical advice and ideas to use at home.|
|Fun activity books that support phonics practice and help develop early reading skills. Each book includes stickers.|
|A great way of practising reading skills at home, these cards help develop key skills in a fun, interactive way.|
|Prepare and reassure children facing new situations in an engaging and sensitive way, using familiar characters.|
- Fun at the Farm
- Going to the Dentist
- Going to the Doctor
- Going to the Hairdresser
- Going on a Plane
- Kipper's First Pet
- Learning to Swim
- Starting School
- Kipper Gets Nits
- Going on a Train
- A New Baby!
- Let's Recycle!
- Going to the Vet
- Going to the Hospital
- Going to the Optician
- Kipper's First Match
- Kipper's First Dance Class
|Full-colour first chapter books for older readers. Thrilling historical adventures for readers making the transition from picture books to chapter books.|
Phonics fun with Biff, Chip and Kipper – Nintendo 2 & 3DS
|A fun and interactive Nintendo game that helps your child pronounce sounds and words as they learn to read and write.
Find out more >
Print this page
Play with Biff, Chip, Kipper and Floppy! Head to the Kids' Barn and try some fun activities and games.
Phonics Screening Check – help and support
Alongside great resources such as Read with Biff, Chip and Kipper and Songbirds, Oxford Owl also offers lots of useful advice and support, including Ruth Miskin's video guide to phonics .