Written by the author of The Gruffalo, Julia Donaldson, Songbirds Phonics have been created to support children who are learning to read, and are used in schools to teach phonics and inspire a love of reading
Which book is right for my child? Levelling explained
The Songbirds Phonics series is a carefully levelled series designed to support children as they build their phonic knowledge and to encourage a love of stories.
The series features six graded levels, and uses the same systematic phonics progression used by teachers in school. Each level reflects a different age range:
- Levels 1-3: age 4-5
- Levels 4-6: age 5-6
In addition, there are a variety of kits, activity books and flashcards designed to help you develop your child’s reading skills in a fun and engaging way.
Delightful phonics stories for beginner readers, these story collections contain 6 stories in 1!
- Level 1: Top Cat and Other Stories
- Level 2: The Odd Pet and Other Stories
- Level 2: The Ox and the Yak and Other Stories
- Level 3: The Scrap Rocket and Other Stories
- Level 3: Where is the Snail and Other Stories
- Level 4: Tadpoles and Other Stories
- Level 4: My Cat and Other Stories
- Level 5: Leroy and Other Stories
- Level 6: Where were you Bert? and Other Stories
|Fun activity books that support phonics practice and help develop early reading skills. Each book includes stickers.|
- Level 1+: Songbirds Phonics Activity Book 1
- Level 1+: Songbirds Phonics Activity Book 2
- Level 2: Songbirds Phonics Activity Book 3
- Level 2: Songbirds Phonics Activity Book 4
- Level 3: Songbirds Phonics Activity Book 5
- Level 4: Songbirds Phonics Activity Book 6
- Level 5: Songbirds Phonics Activity Book 7
- Level 6: Songbirds Phonics Activity Book 8
|An enjoyable and interactive way to practise letters and sounds.|
|The perfect introduction to Songbirds Phonics for beginner readers – books, reward stickers and a poster.
Print this page
Phonics Screening Check – help and support
Alongside great resources such as Read with Biff, Chip and Kipper and Songbirds, Oxford Owl also offers lots of useful advice and support, including Ruth Miskin's video guide to phonics .