The Accidental Prime Minister
With the General Election dominating the headlines at the moment, we’ve got some great activities to help you explore this issue with your child, all based on Tom McLaughlin’s hilarious book: The Accidental Prime Minister.
- Quiz: How much do you really know about the UK government? See how much your child knows about the UK government with this fun, interactive quiz.
- Video: Children tell us what laws they'd pass! What would your child do if they were Prime Minister for a day? Watch this hilarious video and get inspired
- Reading notes: The Accidental Prime Minister and UK politics – things to talk about Whether you’ve read The Accidental Prime Minister or not, in our reading notes you’ll find some great activity ideas to get your child engaging with politics, from writing your own manifesto to taking part in a debate.
Quiz: How much do you really know about the UK government?
Reading notes: The Accidental Prime Minister and UK politics – things to talk about
Packed with activities, games and further book suggestions, these reading notes will help you discuss the book in more detail and also help you to explain to your child lots of key political ideas, including:
- Who is eligible to vote in the UK General Election.
- How can young people get involved in politics.
- What a manifesto is and how to write one.