About Read Write Inc. Spelling
Q: What is Read Write Inc. Spelling?
A: Read Write Inc. Spelling is a 15-minute-per-day online subscription programme for Years 2-6. Part of the Read Write Inc. whole-school literacy programme developed by Ruth Miskin, Read Write Inc. Spelling uses a proven phonics approach and engaging lessons beamed straight into the classroom by aliens from an exciting online spelling planet, to prepare children for the higher demands of the spelling assessments.
You can find out more about Read Write Inc. Spelling in our Walkthroughs which provide a helpful visual guide to using the programme resources.
Q: How do I get started with my subscription?
A: Join us for a free webinar to help get you started with your Read Write Inc. Spelling subscription.
The webinar will cover accessing and setting up your subscription on Oxford Owl for School, including managing staff access and where you can find further help and support.
If you sign up, you’ll receive a recording of the webinar once it has taken place.Book your place
Q: Which devices can I use with Read Write Inc. Spelling?
A: Read Write Inc. Spelling can be used on iPads, Macs and PCs connected to an interactive whiteboard. Because the programme is designed for use on an interactive whiteboard, the minimum supported screen resolution is 1024 x 768 pixels.
Q: How do I set up my computer to use Read Write Inc. Spelling on my whiteboard?
A: Read Write Inc. Spelling is designed for use on an interactive whiteboard for whole-class teaching. To set up your computer display and browser to use the Read Write Inc. Spelling you will need to set your computer screen resolution to 1024 x 768 or 1152 x 864 to maximise the size of the activities on the screen.
To change your screen resolution on a PC:
1. Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution.
2. Click the drop-down list next to Resolution, move the slider to the resolution you want, and then click Apply.
3. Click Keep to use the new resolution, or click Revert to go back to the previous resolution.
To change your screen resolution on a Mac:
1. Open Displays by clicking on the Apple menu and clicking System Preferences, and then click Displays.
2. Under Resolutions, select the resolution you want from the list and the resolution will change.Setting up and managing my subscription